ICG Press release
10 years of UNESCO World Heritage listing for the "Prehistoric Pile Dwellings around the Alps"
In 2021, archaeology is celebrating a small jubilee! Ten years ago, on June 27th 2011, the "Prehistoric Pile Dwellings around the Alps" were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The entry is a selection of 111 unique prehistoric sites in Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Slovenia and Switzerland and are combined as a transnational serial World Heritage site. The 111 sites are representing more than 1,000 other known Neolithic and Bronze Age sites. Numerous special events are taking place around the Alps in this anniversary year.
The entire media release can be downloaded here in the languages DE, FR, IT, SI and EN.
- 2021-06-22_Press Release of the ICG (english).pdf (440.3 KiB)
- 2021-06-22_Medienmitteilung der ICG (deutsch).pdf (679.2 KiB)
- 2021-06-22_Communiqué de presse de l'ICG (francais).pdf (438.7 KiB)
- 2021-06-22_Comunicato stampa ICG (italiano).pdf (448.3 KiB)
- 2021-06-22_Sporočilo za javnost (slovenščina).pdf (530.2 KiB)